Before Hiring A Roofing Contractor, Consider:
1. What Is The Guarantee?
Hiring A Roofing Contractor is tricky. It’s not uncommon to hear about roofing contractors who give the “taillight guarantee”: Once you see their taillights, you’ll never see them again!
When you hire Affordable Quality Roofing (AQR), we go above and beyond the industry standard 5 to 10 year warranty.
Our workmanship is guaranteed for a full 25 years! We give that to you in writing, and stand behind it!
2. What Is The Better Business Bureau Rating?
AQR has been a BBB Accredited Business since May 5, 1990, and have maintained an A+ BBB rating!
3. How Professional Is The Roofing Contractor?
It’s no secret, when considering hiring a roofing contractor “professionalism” doesn’t necessarily come to mind. Roofing contractors work on hot roofs all day, and tend to lack a professional reputation.
AQR is different! You’ll realize this from the first moment you meet a member of our team:
- - Clean Cut – Our sales staff and installers dress appropriately and respectfully. With a clean disciplined look, not found in any other roofing companies.
- - Respectful – Our roofing contractor crews treat you, your home, and your garden with respect and care.
- - Reliable – Tired of no-show roofing contractors? AQR starts and finish jobs when we say we will.
- - Employees – We consistently deliver because our crew are employees not contractors! This means high professional standards!
- - Honesty – Our zero tolerance policy means you can trust our staff in and around your home!
4. Is There Financing Available?
Because no one plans for the sometimes unexpected expense of a new roof. AQR offers our own financing terms. No need to take on large loans or credit card debt! We offer a 4 or 8 month payment program:
4 month payment plans – homeowners make a 40% deposit at the beginning of the project, followed by 4 equal payments made by post-dated cheque.
8 month payment plans – homeowners make a 50% deposit at the beginning of the project, followed by 8 equal payments made by post-dated cheque.
5. Do They Carry Enough Insurance?
AQR carries $2,000,000 in Liability Insurance and WorksafeBC Coverage, just in case!
How To Hire A Roofing Contractor – A Checklist:
The Roofing Contractors Association of British Columbia (RCABC) provides savvy advice on best practices to hire a roofing contractor. Warning that not all roofing contractors are alike, and you should measure each roofing contractor on their own merit when deciding to hire a roofing contractor:
- Are they permanent? Do they have a permanent address, tel no, tax ID number and business license.
- Do they carry liability insurance? Insist on seeing the insurance coverage and workers compensation certificates.
- Do they have multiple quality references? Call these references! Beware of companies not willing to readily offer multiple references.
- Are they licensed? Check the contractor is properly licensed or bonded
- Will they provide a written proposal? Is the proposal complete with descriptions of the work, specifications, procedures and completion dates?
- Are they members of the regional or national industry associations?
- What is their better business bureau accreditation score? Call the BBB to confirm.
- What is their quality control procedure? Ask about project supervision; ask for the name and experience of the person in charge.
- What is their warranty? Carefully read and understand any roofing warranty offered, with a keen eye for exclusion clauses.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Keep a healthy skepticism about the roofing contractor with the lowest bid.
We hope this checklist will assist you as you hire a roofing contractor.