A cedar roof is one of the most elegant roofing solutions ever.
Cedar roofing is aesthetically unique. And no one would argue that a cedar roof adds value to a home. But a cedar roof can do so much more than that!
Cedar roofing is an all-encompassing roof materials solution:
- A cedar roof protects your home against UV damage
- Cedar roofing fairs surprisingly well in hail and storm damage
- It is also a natural insect repellant.
- Cedar roofing is a sustainable roofing material.
Lesser-Known Facts About Cedar Roofing
- Cedar is a renewable resource, and is therefore one of the most environmentally friendly roofing materials, sometimes called “green roofing“.
- Cedar roofing materials are both lightweight and durable even if it is unpainted or treated.
- Cedar roofing materials are specially treated with fire resistant materials
- Cedar shingles are have natural insulating properties, making them one of the few roofing materials to decrease energy costs
- Cedars are soundproof roofing materials
- Upfront costs for a cedar roof may be higher than asphalt roofing, however the lifetime costs for maintenance are considerably less.
- Cedar has natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial qualities that resist warping, cracking or rotting, even untreated!
Making a decision about a company to handle your cedar-roofing project is difficult. Why not trust the company your neighbours have been trusting for cedar roofing since 1986!
Affordable Quality Roofing use only the best quality roofing materials, and we warranty our work for 25 years!